Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Achieved happiness? Good for you!

Happy Mid-autumn festival!
Thinking about the days where everyone makes the night so fiery and warm, I feel so tempted to play with fire. Not just fire but making singaporean explosives. Some of you would be going, "Har? Never heard of it." To get you on track, it is made of sparkler's powder. Just collect them all and Poof... Explosive! Erm.. not quite. Just entertaining explosive. (If you really want incredible effects? add potassium to water but first get your face out of the way.) The aftermath of this festival brings horror to the cleaners - Wax of all colours "decorated" the playground plus bits of burnt plastic add another collection to the colour, Brown-black. Cleaners have to scrape and scrub the remnants of this yearly event.

Isn't it a pity to watch the children re-enacting what you did when you were young? Watching is such a painful thing to do. Today, my family went to my grandpa's bungalow. To me, i think he has achieved his optimum level of happiness although he has stage 3 cancer. I had seen all my patients in the hospital both weak and confused. Many were unable to obtain a steady gait while walking towards the toilet. Some had to sit on a commode to be showered. I feel fortunate for my 70+ grandpa to be strong and alert enough to his enviroment although he has slurred speech.Still smiling like the sunshine! =) If i were him, i would spend the rest of my life getting to know all my grandchildren well as good as what do they like. Share my life experiences, show them who i was doing my golden periods. Having good vision, feeling in a pink of health at that age is a blessing. Nobody can understand how lucky we are now. Never once in my life( this is true), to sit down and listen to my grandpa relate to me about his childhood days. I would be glad to listen to interesting ones.

I used to get jealous when i saw daughters and dads being so close and they do almost everything together. I questioned why was i facing a torn family from the age of 15?. Being a fatherless daughter is sad, it feel as if the important part of the plant has withered and this plant could take decades to resume to it's healthy conditon. But i now look at a broader perspective , nobody can have the same father as mine. No one can even match up 1/10 of his personality and intellectual mind. This type of people deserve to be a positive and memorable history not a person who acts as a source for your sollows and anger. When you think about the person, you relate to all the happy times where joy and laughter occurs.

This lesson has always drilled into my head after the closest person of my life dies,
"You can enjoy these happy times once and you shall never be able to do it
again, grab any chance that comes by and don't lose it"

No comments: